Welcome to Economic Success Measures - Texas
The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board is pleased to make publicly available a tool that can provide students and parents with information on the first year earnings of graduates of Texas public higher education institutions. Data are provided for graduates of 4-year universities, 2-year community colleges, and state technical colleges.
Converting Data into Meaningful Information
While this online tool provides a valid and reliable measure of the benefits of a college degree it is important you are aware there are limitations on what can be inferred from the data provided:
- Earnings data are not provided for graduates employed outside of Texas, with the exception of some federal employees.
- Earnings data are not provided for graduates who are self-employed.
- After graduation some students will choose to continue their education.
- The data provided are initial earnings which may not represent long-term income prospects.
- Individuals have different strengths and goals and these will have influence over earnings after graduation.
- A degree or award has a value beyond earnings.
- Earnings and the job market do vary across the state.
- The Texas methodology for calculating median wage differs from other states.